Buying a car is a major investment. Protect yourself and be sure that the vehicle you are buying is safe and in perfect condition. It is strongly recommend to carry JIO inspection before buying any Vehicle/machinery in Japan. A comprehensive and detailed inspection helps you to buy with confidence, and gives you an explanation of the true condition of vehicle.
General Inspection: Millions of cars are generally not roadworthy or have big damage or major defects. Jl0 inspection covers, full inspection of vehicle’s body, interior, electrical components, mechanical components, paintwork, previous accident damage check, and road test. So if the inspection report is clean, you can buy with confidence. If it unearths a checkered past, you can back away or negotiate a lower price in line with the cost of repairs.
Accident Inspection: Major accident damage severely affects the safety and resale value of a vehicle. Don’t make a costly mistake. Ask your supplier in Japan for a full JI0 inspection to avoid buying a rebuilt wreck, as seller sometimes don’t inform the buyer about the previous accident history that effect total value of the car. Ask your supplier in Japan to carry JI0 inspection to ensure that the vehicle you are about to purchase is accident free.
Stolen Vehicle Record: Law enforcement officials of Japan have notified other government agencies that if an owner has reported a vehicle missing, the vehicle may have since been legitimately recovered and back to Japan. Be careful to buy stolen car. JIO strictly check if all documents are true and propers are not forged.
Flood Vehicles: Flood damaged cars are often exported to other countries and sold to unsuspecting buyers. Don’t get caught buying one of these waterlogged vehicles. Ask your supplier for a full JI0 inspection before confirm your order.
Odometer Fraud: The price value of an automobile is based upon its mileage. The automobile exporter in Japan is required to state the mileage on a used or new vehicle correctly. Sometime, exporter illegally rolling back odometers to make it appear that vehicles have lower mileage than they actually do. Odometer fraud occurs when the exporter of a vehicle falsely vehicles have lower mileage than they actually do. Odometer fraud occurs when the exporter of a vehicle falsely represents the actual mileage of a vehicle to the buyer. Odometer fraud, also called “busting miles” or “clocking”, and also referred to as “spinning” or “Odometer Tampering” is a serious crime in Japan and important consumer fraud issue. JIO also check odometer reading of vehicle.
- Passenger car: Japanese Yen 20,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Van/Wagon/Pickup: Japanese Yen 30,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Bus upto 15 seater: Japanese Yen 40,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Bus 16 to 29 seater: Japanese Yen 50,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Bus more than 29 seater: Japanese Yen 60,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Sight seeing Bus: Japanese Yen 80,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck upto 2 ton: Japanese Yen 30,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 2.1 ton to 4.0 ton: Japanese Yen 40,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 4.1 ton to 10.0 ton: Japanese Yen 50,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 10.1 ton to 20 ton: Japanese Yen 60,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 20.1 ton or more: Japanese Yen 80,000 (see currency exchange rate)
For Inspection fee of Aircraft, Helicopter, Heavy Machinery and Vessel, contact us separately.
How to pay inspection fee: Payment from overseas countries is accepted by (1) Credit card (2) Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer). However payment within Japan is accepted by Bank transfer only.
For fee payment by credit card, click credit card icon at below:
Accepted Credit cards: Visa card, Master card and JCB card
American Express card and Diners card are not accepted
The inspection fee is also accepted by Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer) at below Japanese Bank Account:
- Name of Bank: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Name of Branch: Setagaya Branch
- Account No.5 8 3 9 6 3 0
- Account Name (Beneficiary): Japan Inspection Organization
- Bank Swift Code: S M B C J P J T
- Bank Address: 1-1-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
For account detail in Japanese language see below:
Send inquiry for vehicle inspection