Buying a car is a major investment. Protect yourself and be sure that the vehicle you are buying is safe and in perfect condition. It is strongly recommend to carry JIO inspection before buying any Vehicle/machinery in Japan. A comprehensive and detailed inspection helps you to buy with confidence, and gives you an explanation of the true condition of vehicle.
General Inspection: Millions of cars are generally not roadworthy or have big damage or major defects. JIO inspection covers, full inspection of vehicle’s body, interior, electrical components, mechanical components, paintwork, previous accident damage check, and road test. So if the inspection report is clean, you can buy with confidence. If it unearths a checkered past, you can back away or negotiate a lower price in line with the cost of repairs.
Accident Inspection: Major accident damage severely affects the safety and resale value of a vehicle. Don’t make a costly mistake. Ask your supplier in Japan for a full JIO inspection to avoid buying a rebuilt wreck, as seller sometimes don’t inform the buyer about the previous accident history that effect total value of the car. Ask your supplier in Japan to carry JIO inspection to ensure that the vehicle you are about to purchase is accident free.
Following fee is based on inspection at major seaports in Japan. Additional visiting fee will be applied for inspection required other than seaport.
- Passenger car: Japanese Yen 20,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Van/Wagon/Pickup: Japanese Yen 30,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Bus upto 15 seater: Japanese Yen 40,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Bus 16 to 29 seater: Japanese Yen 50,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Bus more than 29 seater: Japanese Yen 60,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Sight seeing Bus: Japanese Yen 80,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck upto 2 ton: Japanese Yen 30,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 2.1 ton to 4.0 ton: Japanese Yen 40,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 4.1 ton to 10.0 ton: Japanese Yen 50,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 10.1 ton to 20 ton: Japanese Yen 60,000 (see currency exchange rate)
- Truck 20.1 ton or more: Japanese Yen 80,000 (see currency exchange rate)
For Inspection fee of Aircraft, Helicopter, Heavy Machinery and Vessel, contact us separately.
How to pay inspection fee: Payment from overseas countries is accepted by (1) Credit card (2) Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer). However payment within Japan is accepted by Bank transfer only.
For fee payment by credit card, click credit card icon at below:
Accepted Credit cards: Visa card, Master card, JCB card, American Express, Diners Card.
The inspection fee is also accepted by Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer) at below Japanese Bank Account:
- Name of Bank: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Name of Branch: Setagaya Branch
- Account No.5 8 3 9 6 3 0
- Account Name (Beneficiary): Japan Inspection Organization
- Bank Swift Code: S M B C J P J T
- Bank Address: 1-1-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
For account detail in Japanese language see below:
Send inquiry for vehicle inspection