May 30, 2022
The G7 Climate, Energy and Environment Ministers’ Meeting was held in Berlin, Germany, on Thursday, May 26 and Friday, May 27, 2022.
The meeting was held under the German presidency, and a communiqué was compiled as a result of the discussions. From Japan, OOKA Toshitaka, State Minister of the Environment, and HOSODA Kenichi, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, attended the meeting with other Japanese delegates.
Please refer to the attachment for G7 Climate, Energy and Environment Ministers’ Communiqué as an outcome of the meeting.
1. Outline of the meeting
May 26 (Thursday) to 27 (Friday), 2022
EUREF, Berlin, Germany
3. Participating countries
Ministers, Vice-Ministers, and others. in charge of climate, energy, and environment from G7 countries
and a guest country
(G7) Germany (Chair), Italy, Canada, France, USA, UK, EU, Japan
(Guest) Indonesia (2022 G20 Presidency)
4. Attendees from Japan
- OOKA Toshitaka, State Minister of the Environment, Japan
- HOSODA Kenichi, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (excluding the meeting of the Environment Ministers)
2. Other meetings
In addition to the G7 Climate, Energy and Environment Ministers’ Meeting, State Minister OOKA carried out bilateral meetings with the following ministers:
- H.E. Mr. Zac GOLDSMITH, Minister of State for the Pacific and the International Environment, United Kingdom
- H.E. Mr. Steven GUILBEAULT, Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Canada
- H.E. Mr. Robert HABECK, Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, Germany
- H.E. Mr. Michael S. REGAN, Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, United States
- H.E. Mr. Alok SHARMA, President for COP26, Minister of State at the Cabinet Office, United Kingdom
- H.E. Mr. Virginijus SINKEVIČIUS, European Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries
Ministry of the Environment, Government of Japan