The “Certificate of Conformity” also called “COC” is a very important document required to register an imported new or used vehicle, Heavy Machinery, Agriculture Machinery and Equipment(s) in most countries of the world. The vehicle cannot import or register without “COC” in many countries. In European countries, the Homologation Certificate is called “Euro 4 Certificate”, “Euro 5 Certificate”, or “Euro 6 Certificate”, and is issue to all vehicles that comply with emission standards. The Japan Inspection Organization (JIO) issue Certificate of Conformity , also called certificate of compliance, or certificate of conformance for all used and new Japanese vehicles. This Organization also issue COC for those non-Japanese Automobiles that were at least once registered in Japan/driven on Japanese roads, and later exported to overseas countries, comply emission test and meet standard set by Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism “MLIT” Government of Japan, located at 2-1-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo 100-0013, Japan, and endorsed by the “National Agency for Road Safety and Environment Protection”. The Type Approval Certificate is the confirmation that automobile meet specified performance standards. Ask the concern authorities in each country/region for the acceptance of COC by JIO before submit the application form. The whole process for issuing of certificate may take 5-8 working days.
Fill in the application form-1 (print here) and vehicle detail form-2 (print here) and also Scanned copy of Export Certificate (Yushutsu Masho) or Vehicle Registration certificate (Shakensho) by fax at 03-5481-1660 or send scanned copy by Email at
Application for Certificate of Conformity (COC) is also accepted with copy of Registration Certificate (Shakensho). However, copy of Export Certificate (Yushutsu Masho) will be required before the issue of Certificate of Conformity.
- In order to get “Certificate of Conformity”, physical inspection of each vehicle is required. We have inspection arrangement for vehicle (s) at major sea ports in Japan.
- An appointment for the inspection date is required 7 working days in advance.
- Pay inspection fee at least 7 working days in advance before the inspection date.
- The Certificate of Conformity will be issue after 5 working days of inspection AND receiving scanned copy of Export Certificate (Yushutsu Masho) or Vehicle Registration certificate (Shakensho).
- Application for Certificate of Conformity (COC) is also accepted with copy of Registration Certificate (Shakensho). However, copy of Export Certificate (Yushutsu Masho) will be required before the issue of Certificate of Conformity.
- In some cases, Certificate of Conformity (COC) can be issue for the vehicle(s) once registered in Japan but are already exported to overseas countries from Japan. However, in this case, the Certificate will be issue within eight (8) working days. Please contact with full detail of vehicle, such as Make & Model, Chassis number (also called Vin number or Frame number), Engine number, Model year, copy of export certificate (Yushutsu Masho) and so on.
Certificate fee: The fee is Japanese Yen 50,000 per certificate (see currency exchange rate)
※Please contact us for fee regarding vehicles over 10 tons.
※Additional visiting fee will apply if vehicle location is not at Kawasaki, Yokohama, Nagoya, Osaka and Kobe seaport.
How to pay fee: Fee is accepted by Secure Credit Card or by Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer).
Accepted Credit cards: Visa card, Master card, JCB card, American Express, Diners Card.
For fee payment by credit card, click credit card icon at below:
For Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer) send the fee at following Japanese Bank Account:
※Please note that bank remittance charges shall be paid by the applicant.
※Please note that Beneficiary Name must be printed in English language.
For account detail in Japanese language see below:
Send inquiry for Certificate of Conformity for vehicle