The “Certificate of Conformity” also called “COC” is a very important document required to register an imported new or used vehicle, Heavy Machinery, Agriculture Machinery and Equipments in most countries of the world. The car cannot import or register withour “COC” in many countries. In European countries, the Homologation Certificate is called “Euro 4 Certificate”, “Euro 5 Certificate”, or “Euro 6 Certificate”, and is issue to all vehicles that comply with emission standards. The Japan Inspection Organization (JIO) issue Certificate of Conformity , also called certificate of compliance, or certificate of conformance for all used and new Japanese vehicles. This Organization also issue COC for those non-Japanese Automobiles that were at least once registered in Japan/driven on Japanese roads, and later exported to overseas countries, comply emission test and meet standard set by Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism “MLIT” Government of Japan, located at 2-1-3 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda, Tokyo 100-0013, Japan, and endorsed by the “National Agency for Road Safety and Environment Protection”. The Type Approval Certificate is the confirmation that automobile meet specified performance standards. Ask the concern authorities in each country/region for the acceptance of COC by JIO before submit the application form. The whole process for issuing of certificate may take 5-8 working days.
Fill in the application form-1 (print here) and vehicle detail form-2 (print here) and also Scanned copy of Export Certificate (Yushutsu Masho) or Vehicle Registration certificate (Shakensho) by fax at 03-5481-1660 or send scanned copy by Email at
- In order to get “Certificate of Conformity”, physical inspection of vehicle is required. Bring the vehicle to any nationwide inspection center of this Organization for physical inspection and emission test of vehicle. We can also inspect the vehicle(s) at major sea ports in Japan.
- An appointment for the inspection date is required in advance.
- Make payment of inspection fee at least 2 working days in advance before the inspection date.
- The Certificate of Conformity will be issue after 5 working days of inspection AND receiving scanned copy of Export Certificate (Yushutsu Masho) or Vehicle Registration certificate (Shakensho).
- In some cases, Certificate of Conformity (COC Certificate) can be issue for the vehicle (s) that are already exported to overseas countries from Japan. However, in this case, the Certificate will be issue within eight (8) working days. Please contact with full detail of car, such as Make & Model, Chassis number (also called Vin number or Frame number), Engine number, Model year, and so on.
Certificate fee: The fee is Japanese Yen 50,000 per certificate (see currency exchange rate)
How to pay fee: Payment is accepted by Secure Credit Card or by Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer).
For fee payment by credit card, click credit card icon at below:
Accepted Credit cards: Visa card, Master card and JCB card
American Express card and Diners card are not accepted
For Bank transfer (wire transfer / telegraphic transfer) send the fee at following Japanese Bank Account:
- Name of Bank: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Name of Branch: Setagaya Branch
- Account No.5 8 3 9 6 3 0
- Account Name (Beneficiary): Japan Inspection Organization
- Bank Swift Code: S M B C J P J T
- Bank Address: 1-1-2 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, Japan
Remittance within Japan are accepted by Bank transfer only at below Account:
Send inquiry for Certificate of Conformity